1. The balance between work + fun life + training > blogging
2. Lack of material I felt was share-worthy
3. When I choose to ignore something, I go all the way. This is my first time even logging into blogger, which means I haven't even read blogs. I'm amazing at apathy sometimes.
Reasons why I am considering resurrecting this blog:
1. I just filled up my fall race calendar and got really excited.
2. I have a few big events planned before the end of the year that I want to report on, like my wedding.
2a. SIKE! No wedding in sight. Though I can't wait to blog about that some day.
2b. If you have a prospect for me please let me know. I'll have to share my list with you...maybe I emailed it out to work folks. I think a great staff development activity would be finding me my husband. It would be like Where in the World is Carmen San Diego: Find Me a Husband Edition.
3. I realized that I have missed lots of updates from people I really enjoy, and that needs to be remedied, stat!
So here is a quick update of the past few months.
JANUARYI completed my first marathon. I was nervous, ran pretty slow, but ultimately had a great experience with minor discomfort. I will have to write a post about my first marathon experience, because as I think back there were so many awesome moments. I am in the lottery for the 2012 marathon and will find out in by the end of the month!
No races (and v. little running) this month! I felt like I blinked and February was over. I did support some friends as they ran the Galveston Mardi Gras Marathon and Half Marathon.
Marathon finisher and 2nd in his age group!
I ran the Seabrook Lucky Trails Half Marathon. A few people from work also ran which was a lot of fun. Work Running Club! I'm excited at the possibility of promoting more race opportunities to my co-workers this fall.
APRILMaybe I went to Paris?! A few friends ran the Paris Marathon and I tagged along. I decided international races are the best excuse to travel! I was able to participate in a 5K fun run the day before with a few hundred people from around the world. So fun!!!
I participated in an 7K Toga Run! And yes, I am wearing Vibrims these days.
And now we're in June! All caught up! Whew! Can't wait to catch up with everyone else's blogs <3