Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Abs with Jeff from BB13

OK, confession: Maybe I watch Big Brother.  A few summers ago I caught the After Dark show during one of my bouts of insomnia, but stopped watching after a couple of weeks.  I actually watched the show last year.  Maybe I started watching this year and even ordered Super Pass (which lets you peak in on the house guests throughout the day).  My justification for this is...I have none.  I just like to put it on in the background throughout the day when I'm working on the computer.  Stop judging me!  I judge myself enough!

A few days ago houseguest Jeff and his gf Jordan were working out.  I acutally thought their little routing was pretty quick and effective.  Maybe I started doing abs with them.  Stop judging me!


Jeff's Ab Routine:
Reverse Crunch: Lie on the floor with your hands behind your head. Bend your knees.  As your crunch up bring your knees to your chest.  If this is too hard raise your knees/legs so they're parallel to the floor and crunch up, or just do a regular crunch.
Bicycle: Hands behind your head, feet still bent, rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg.  Switch side and bring the left elbow to the right knee.

Scissor Kick: Lie flat on your back, hands next to your body (or under your bum) and lift your legs a few inches from the ground and kick.

Jeff does each of these moves back to back for 25 reps: 25 crunches, 25 bicycle twists (each time you touch a knee counts as 1 rep), and 25 seconds of kicking (don't count too fast!) He does multiple sets, with fewer reps in each set:
Set 1: 25 reps each exercise (1 min rest)
Set 2: 20 reps each exercise (1 min rest)
Set 3: 15 reps each exercise (1 min rest)
Set 4: 10 reps each exercise (1 min rest)
Set 5: 5 reps each exercise (1 min rest)

If you want an added challege do another 4 sets working your way back up to 25 reps!

Start and end your abs routine with a 1 min. plank.